- Learning Center
- Get Involved
- Enroll a Child
- Contact Us
Girls Mentoring Clubs
Why We Need Mentors: The high school dropout rate for mentored students is 1.1%, compared to 11.7% for young people without mentors and hundreds of youth every year are on mentoring program waiting lists. Mentoring works! Research shows that 46 percent of mentored teens are less likely to use drugs, 59 percent improve academic performance, and 73 percent become more goal-oriented Mentored youth are more likely to do well in school, develop better relationships with adults, and have improved self-discipline.
- Increase girls' sense of self worth.
- Improve girls' perspective toward education.
- Help girls develop and define their short-term and long-term goals.
- Provide them with positive support and encouragement.
- Help them become self-sufficient, motivated adults.
The Young Women's Leadership Program (YWLP), (ages 19-23)Some Restrictions Apply
- Develop positive attitudes and relationships with peers and caring adults to help them develop socially and succeed academically.
- Develop skills and attitudes needed to become leaders among their peers and in their communities.
- Keep teens connected, engaged, and nurtured during the pivotal ages of 19-23, to keep them on track, in school, and developing to their best potential.
Tap into the positive experiences of teens who have attended the program for several years and are eager to stay engaged with Divine Images Network, Inc. as they grow and give back to the younger girls in our programs. Many of our Seed participants become interns with the organization or partner organizations.
there are paid intern opportunities available